Thursday, February 05, 2009

No Doubt

Watched Doubt. Yay! Less than a month before exams. Congrats, me! Anyway, all the leading actors were nominated for the Oscars. Streep for Best Actress, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Supporting Actor, Amy Adams and Viola Davis for Supporting Actress.

Ok the only problem I had was Viola Davis. She only appeared for 10 minutes in one scene when she confronted Streep. To be honest, I thought her acting was mediocre. Like, you could actually see that she was looking at something else! Seriously, just because you have snot coming out of your nose and a large teardrop stuck on your cheek, it doesn't mean that you're a great actor.

But holy crap! After watching the movie, I just realized that Meryl Streep is such a fucking good actress! I mean, I already knew that, but the movie is proof. Especially at the ending, it's like "WOAH!" This year's nominees for Best Actress seems really good! Angelina Jolie was good, Meryl Streep was good. So if Kate Winslet is supposedly bagged to win it, that means that she must've been AMAZING!!!

But The Reader is R21, I think.